Madeline Black is offering an opportunity to work with her intensively here at A Body of Work. She will reference her book "Centered" and add advanced movement skills that create instant, positive changes in the body. Experience first hand the Madeline Black "Centered" techniques, movement science in motion and receive personal feedback that deepens your capability as a movement specialist based in Pilates, Yoga, and GYROTONIC®.
To be a seasoned, effective movement practitioner one needs to experience the techniques in "Centered" from the source and in-person. Join Madeline Black in a rare offering of a week long intensive at A Body of Work in the Presidio, San Francisco.
- Immerse yourself in an educational experience that is palpable and immediately useful
- Learn to improve your eye for identifying movement patterns
- Understand the design of human movement in all aspects of the body, musculoskeletal, fascial, organs, fluids and more
- Have a tactile experience of new techniques featured in "Centered"
- Receive confirmation of your touch and movement guidance
- Improve your capabilities as a movement specialist
- Begin to see your clients in a whole body way, addressing their needs that create change in the body immediately
- Advance your teaching to a higher level of skill
- Expand your intuitive gift. We all have them!
- PMA CEC's available
The intensive week includes four weekend days for course work from 10-5:30 and a mid week (Wednesday) practice block of time with Madeline Black. In addition, Monday-Tuesday-Thursday and Friday, class sessions for all participants and observation time at A Body of Work. All intensive participants are also invited on the weekdays to come to Studio M in Sonoma for observations and extra sessions.
Dates and Times
Weekend Course Work: January 13, 14, 20, 21; 10am - 5:30pm
Weekly Class and Observations: January 15, 16, 18, 19; Time TBA
Practice Day: Wednesday, January 17th; 3:00pm - 6:00pm
Day 1: Movement class focused on feet to pelvis; entering the basket; introduction of philosophy and movement theory approach; movement analysis to include gait patterning, movement of the ankle/feet and influence to the pelvis and spine; Centered techniques;
Day 2: Balancing and restoring function through movement and "Centered" techniques for the feet to lumbopelvic area
Day 3: "Centered" trunk techniques focusing on the deep anterior spine, diaphragms and rib/spine movement
Day 4: Shoulder girdle dysfunction and function, relationship of the spine/ribs to the shoulder and neck; "Centered" techniques
Full package $1,900
4 intensive training days
1 Practice three-hour session with Madeline
4 class sessions and observation time at A Body of Work
Local Package $1,600
4 day course only Saturdays and Sundays
Early Bird Special by November 1
Full Package: $1,650, saving $250
Local Package: $1,350, saving $250
REGISTER ONLINE or by calling 415-561-3991